30 April, 2007

A very long anxious Weekend

I finished up my interviews on Friday at about Four O'clock. The interviews were not too bad, although they were to be behavioral interviews. I actually received some technical questions. The nature of my education included some very technical work so I guess the interviews felt that it was appropriate to ask those questions of me. However, the other candidate had said they did not have any technical questions asked of them. I was not really prepared to answer the technical questions. I felt good leaving the interviews. There were a couple of blunders but I think they were minor like telling one interviewer that I had "fun".

After the interviews we went out to our favorite Chinese place and I got a fortune that read You will accept a new challenge, the outcome will prove rewarding.
I think that is good news. I have spent all weekend waiting, I checked my email in the hopes that they wanted to let me know sooner. I have essentially glued my phone to myself just in case they needed to call. I have run through so many scenarios in my head. I am trying to not set myself up in for disappointment, by telling myself that they probably chose someone else. I want it too much though. I know that if they tell me no I will likely cry. I spent so much time preparing, I have a lot invested in this.

They said that they would be calling me today to let me know either way. All that is left to do is wait... wait... wait..................................................

I got the call, they wanted to say thank you for my time on Thursday and Friday. The deliberations were very difficult. They thought that I had a strong background in the technical aspects as well as a strong potential for leadership.

Well that about says it all.



They would like to extend the offer to me to be a member of the Inaugural class of the Technology Leadership Program.

HOORAY!!!!

No comments: