22 May, 2007

Rescinding the Future

The fantastic offer from WaMu has been rescinded. They job requirements as with every aspect of the offer were not flexible. Meaning even though they supposedly really liked me and thought I would be a great fit; my grade point average is more important to them. I have been sitting with this news for five days now; still not really sure what to do with it. I have been immersing myself in sewing projects and doing research for my resume. I knew there was a reason why I could not get excited about the offer.

At least I found out before I told too many people. I still have no idea how to share this with the few people I did tell. (Hoping the blog will do the work for me!) This is actually really difficult for me. I am not usually told no; unless I orchestrate that way.

I had a professor tell me that he felt really sorry for me when I shared with him one of my personal maxims: If you have no expectation, you can never be disappointed. I was really expecting and hoping this would come through. Now I am really disappointed. I had even started working on a five year plan.

Oh! F^(& it all!!! My husband asked me if I wanted to move back to Pocatello. Of course I do right now! I need to feel safe and home is the best place for that. I actually thought that because I was so impressive I could get around the GPA crap. Yeah right. They offered though to help me get in at the bottom. Hooray another year of boring tech work. Do I even want to work for a company that cannot circumvent their own bureaucracy? These are the issues I am left to sort out.

No comments: