17 April, 2007

I got a call from a recruiter that was trying to place me in a position with Expeditors. I had interviewed for the position on April third. I did not get the position. Oh I am so very very upset. Yeah, right. It would have been an alright position but they wanted me to be able to start right away. Although, they had expressed concern that I was not stable; they wanted me to end my contract early. I guess my instability is subject to their whim. Any way I was glad to hear that they had decided not to hire me. It took the pressure off of me. I have been trying to figure out how I would have delayed them enough to be able to interview with Washington Mutual. I just don't want to take myself out of the race for that position.

I was out the end of last week so I am playing catch up this week. I am still plowing through Interviews for Dummies Second Edition and should have that finished up today or tomorrow morning. I put the other book I was working through on hold. Careers By Design is a good book; it include alot of key information on how to function in the working world. I was working on the Attitude section. I learned that you have to make a conscious decision to have an upbeat attitude.
I am sure it is easier said than done. I have been working on it. I have to verbally remind myself that "I can choose my attitude." Well enough psycho-babel.

I have found another networking event to go to(see below). I found it on The Seattle Networking Guide; which has a great list of things going on in the area and I was able to even add it to my Google calendar.

ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN IN COMPUTING -- Passion Dinner
Thursday, 4/19, 6pm
Details at: www.awcps.org

Join AWC os Puget Sound for networking and dinner with presentation by Curt Rosengren whose talk is entitled "Planning for Passion: How to get Wild About Work", starting at $25.

I hope I will be able to make it up there after work in time to get my networking groove on.

No comments: