11 April, 2007

Panic in Meydenbauer Center.

It was not really a panic; it was difficult. I went to the job fair today. I was able to talk to eight people. I introduced myself, and explained my background. At First it was really difficult, but after about the forth person I felt a little better. I was disappointed with the number of employers there, but they all had positions open that fit my skills.

I learned alot about networking. It helps quite a bit to show interest in the other person. Even if it is just superficial. For example, asking how they are today and wishing them a good day seemed to catch them off guard. I was there for about forty-five minutes. At the end of that time I was wiped out. Interacting with so many people drains my energy.

Afterwards though I thought to myself. I need to find another place to network soon. The Job fair was a good place to start but I need a more traditional networking environment.

So off I go to into the web to look for more events.

No comments: