25 April, 2007

Recap: Networking Event

I went to a meeting last Thursday for the Association of Women in Computing/Puget Sound(AWC/PS). It was a small group about 18 people total. The evening started with a light networking session. I was introduced to a few people. Then I joined a couple of small groups where we talked about where we worked and I explained what I do at Clearwire. The women there seemed to either be programmers or managers.

I enjoyed the speaker, Curt Rosengren, he showed us a tool we can use to determine what our passion is so we can then look for opportunities to work in our passion area at work.

I had a much easier time talking with this group than I had talking to people at the job fair. Perhaps because it was a more informal event and it was quieter.

No comments: