04 April, 2007

whoa!! I think things are moving kinda fast!

I have been busy the past 2 weeks! I had a phone interview last Thursday. Wow that was really nerve racking. I like to read people and that is almost impossible to do on the phone. Also, I tried deviating form my preset answers to questions like what is your Strength, what is your weakness. I tried to tie them into the corporate value statements. I am not sure if it sounded good or not. But, Um, I can, Uh, tell you, uh, um, what it sounded like. (see previous sentence) I must have impressed them with however, because I had an in person interview yesterday.

I am not real sure about this place just yet. The CEO seems to be a Canadian cowboy, his motto is hire slow, fire fast. They like to hire for attitude, and then just train for the skills. I am sure you can tell I am not upbeat 100% of the time, more like a consistent 70/30 split. Not really sure why that is but I am working on it. I have been looking into attitude lately and have come to discover that much of attitude is dependent on self-esteem. Not the cheesy, flowery, hug the world kind of self-esteem, but the genuine I am a good person and life is good kind of self-esteem.

They interview went well and I should know the results in the next few weeks. If I could just interview I would be so much better. I have resume that does not get the results I need but if I talk to the person first they always seem really impressed.

Take for example; I got the name and phone number of a hiring recruiter (in house) for WaMu. I called her and left a nice polite message letting her know I was REALLY interested in a particular position. She called back and we talked about the position and the requirements. I then filled out an online app and attached my resume. I called her back and left a message that I had filled out the online app and was available anytime for an interview.

I did not hear back from her for almost a month then last Friday she called to ask if I could come in for an interview, the following week. So here I am my first contact was February 13th at a job fair where I got the recruiters info, and today I am going for an interview with a good company, for a position in Information Management I just think that is awesome. I know that if I had just done the online app and resume I would not have been called at all.

Anyways I feel like I am on that French train that just broke the world record for speed. Moving really fast, I hope the wheels hold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.