04 February, 2008

Office Kitsch

I have one of the most awesome jobs; at least I think it is awesome. I have my own office which is pretty dang sweet; considering that most of the world seems to be in cubical farms.

I get to listen to my own music as loud as I want, I have room for a little fridge (more on that later). There are drawbacks of course, but one of the very best is that I get to decorate it the way I want, and I really do not need to worry about what people think of what I do. So here are a couple of projects that I did especially for my office.



So these two were the molds that held my speakers in the box usually these are Styrofoam and never very interesting. I was really quite surprised that they were made from paper. The paint went on really well and I have gotten complements on them from my coworkers.



I used some old Ethernet cable that I had left over from this or that. I stripped the outer insulation off and then just twisted up colored pairs of wire to make a nice burst of color.

No comments: